Nextory is a front runner in the digitalization of reading. We offer our customers a monthly subscription service giving them access to hundreds of thousands of books. Providing audio- and e-books from the world’s largest publishers, through an innovative app experience, we give more people access to books. Do you want to work with a digital subscription service to the consumer market and have a key role in our development department in Stockholm? Fantastic! Nextory is now looking for an Android Developer to further strengthen our awesome App Team to keep enhancing the user experience every day. You will love working with us at Nextory if you want to work in a fast-growing company with entrepreneurial spirit!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As an Android Developer you will work with our main product - the app. With a creative mindset, you will help to create the Nextory world that our customers are invited to, with the aim to increase reading by creating great/richer reading experiences. As a member of a team, your focus is on delivering the features needed for the customers to be happy and the business to grow, while you assist in defining the details of those tasks and support the test and release process. The role involves many contact areas with the larger developer group and the business itself. The position is based in Stockholm and you report to our Head of App Development.
Who are you…
We believe that you have experience of independent work in a similar role. We believe that you are ready for something new, that you are passionate about developing and that you are a proud developer of testable code that is clear and durable! We also believe that you enjoy working in a dynamic and unpretentious environment where you take great responsibility for our product.
You will learn from dedicated colleagues who are passionate about the product and entrepreneurship!
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• We believe you have a university degree in computer science, or other relevant field
• We believe you have around four years of experience in Android Development using Kotlin
• We believe you appreciate writing tests for your code and that you take pride in your well written and documented code
• We believe you have great communication skills in English which is required in the daily work
• We are particularly curious if you have an interest in UI and product design
• We also look positively on experience with other programming languages, for example Java for backend and/or iOS development
We are looking forward to your application which should include a CV or LinkedIn profile and we would love a link to your portfolio (app store, Github or other)!
At the moment we are not able to relocate candidates.