Technology has changed the world we live in. Therefore, Nextory's vision is more relevant than ever: we want to increase reading by creating digital book experiences that enrich people's lives. Our goal is to make people read and listen to stories instead of just scrolling around among meaningless pictures and fake news. Nextory makes it easier to fit books into your everyday life.
Today, Nextory is one of the fastest growing streaming services for audio and e-books in Europe. We are an entrepreneurial tech company that is growing rapidly with an international expansion in focus. The team consists of committed and smart people of different ages and backgrounds - and now there is a unique opportunity for you to become one of us!
Nextory is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Java) who can be part of our Development Team in India.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Senior Software Engineer (Java) you will work with Business. You are responsible for bug free coding , you ensure that each project is flowing by and follow up the activities that you have agreed upon. The role involves many contact areas both internally and externally and you report to our Project Manager/Scrum Master, being part of the Development Team. The position is based in Bengaluru.
Roles and responsibilities :
* Proactively develops quality features with good architecture, testability and an automation mindset using the latest best practices
* Reliably and consistently delivers the needed value at the agreed-upon time
* Proactively ensures that quick-fixes delivered are followed up with an architecture-appropriate fix
* Ensures that the code structure is such that automatic testing reliably catches bugs
* Proactively monitors and maintains alert systems to ensure shipped code performs as expected in the hands of the customer
* Drives automation work to improve the team efficiency
* Proactively reviews the product and keeps the stakeholders informed about aspects of the product and new features requested that are a risk to the business goal
* Reviews the entire system they work with and takes initiatives for preventive fixes and refactoring as needed. Learns at least one relevant broadening skill per year
* Proactively shares skills with other less senior colleagues
* 4 years within related fields
This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in the latest technologies, who has a results focused mind and who has a genuine passion for programming. We also believe that you are interested in learning new skills and enhancing your skills. You will learn from dedicated colleagues who are passionate about the products and entrepreneurship!
WHO YOU ARE
As a person, you are structured and you find it easy to get an overview of several parts of the work process. Self-employed work is something you enjoy as you have the ability to start as well as drive activities on your own and make decisions that create workflow.
• We believe you have an education in, for example B.Tech/BE/MCA
• We believe you have 4 years experience in the mentioned skill sets
• We believe you have great communication skills in English
Primary Key skills:
Core Java, J2EE, spring framework, jQuery, MySQL, MongoDB
Hands-on experience in core java / Core J2EE (collection, multithreading, OOPS Concepts)
Proficiency in spring, hibernate, JDBC, JSP, Servlets., MongoDB, Kafka
Good working knowledge in database MySQL/NoSQL
Should know and understand SOLID principles and design patterns
Experience and knowledge of open source tools and frameworks broader cutting edge technologies around server side development.
Hands-on experience in coding
Working knowledge on redis cache
Knowledge about microservices is a plus