We know it, you know it. Most companies ramble on about purpose and making the world a better place. And pretty often it feels a bit… well, forced. But we’d like to think that our story is special for real. Hear us out. The story of Nextory began in Syria, where our founders grew up. When they were children, they witnessed how the dictatorship limited the access to books, and saw what it did to their country. So when Shadi and Ninos came to Sweden, they made it their mission to make books available to everyone.
Fast forward a few years, and Nextory was born. We offer a monthly subscription where our users can read and listen to as many books as they like. Sounds like a pretty cool product to work with, right? We think so too.
We’re on the hunt for a visual-focused product designer to join our small design team on the quest of making the world a happier and more democratic place. We’re four people today with varied backgrounds.
What you will do? - Craft UX and UI for web in a product design process.
- Help set the visual brand expression and translate it into delightful design components.
- Contribute to the development of design system/component library to establish consistency in the experience
- Work strategically and identify opportunities for improving the product experience, help shape the product roadmap and come up with concepts that add user value.
- Work close to UX-Writer, product owner, engineers, data analysts and other designers.
- Explore multiple solutions in your design process and validate through testing and feedback before you decide on a direction.
- Share your work-in-progress to receive feedback, and be comfortable with giving design critique to others. Continuously bounce ideas with engineers.
- Balance the big picture with attention to details.
- Be part of shaping how Nextory works with product design.
Who you are - You have at least 5 years of experience in shipping UI, visual design or product design to customers and real users.
- You have a portfolio to showcase your work
- You have proficiency in UX/UI design, with understanding of user-centered design principles and strong attention to details.
- You have an ability to work independently and collaborate when needed.
- You have strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate design decisions.
- You work efficiently in Figma or similar tools.
- You see opportunity in taking on a variety of design related challenges to enhance the experience of your work. Such as graphic design, image editing, iconography, illustrations, motion, etc.
- You are fluent in English
What else? If you love expressing yourself through gifs in Slack, like to get geeky about grammar, or have a passion for kebab, you’ll fit right into our design team.
Think we’re a match? Then we can’t wait to hear from you! Prep a few cases from your portfolio that you think would be convincing for this position, and send them over.
Nextory is one of Europe’s largest streaming services for audiobooks and e-books. The app was founded in 2015 by the serial entrepreneurs Shadi Bitar and Ninos Malki. Since then, the company has developed into a fast-growing platform that enables the unlimited distribution of stories and knowledge in various digital formats.
Together with its subscribers, Nextory shares a great passion for literature of all kinds and strives to be an independent and natural place where everyone can easily find their next story. This goes hand-in-hand with the vision to increase reading around the world to enrich people’s lives and thereby contribute to increased well-being, personal development, and a strengthened democracy. Today, Nextory’s catalogue contains over 1 000 000 titles, and the app is available in ten markets around Europe with headquarters in Stockholm.
Product & Design·Sweden
Loading application form
Already working at Nextory?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.